Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pagan vs Christian...the same or different?


It amazes me how many "Christians" use the same or similar tools we do, but still condemn us to their hell for our beliefs.  Can't they see that their "Angel Cards" are the same thing as our Tarot decks or that when they light candles and make a wish, they are doing the same thing we do when we light candles and cast a spell?  
One woman I know creates what she calls her "Daily Zen", it's a digital picture of what she is feeling that day to help her get in touch with herself and learn how to deal with what is negative in her life. I do the same thing, but my "Daily Zen" is done with meditation or a Tarot reading.
So many things the same, but considered different because the people who use them have different Gods or different beliefs.
The narrow mindedness of it all is sad, but on the other hand, it's always good for a good chuckle on my end. 




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. you so hit the nail on the head with what you said. No matter how much one may try a so called christian will not allow what they may consider a non believer to discuss their views or opinion yet they expect you to sit and listen to all their jargon.

    I grew up in the church and as time passed fell away from it. Not because of my lack of belief in a supreme god but because of the close mindedness of the people who filled the building. They are not all like that. There are a few who truly are what they claim. It only saddens me though because I know how many simple follow because they are told it is what they are suppose to do, not because they have searched their heart and found the answers that have led them in the direction they are going.

    thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, I think you might like my King Arthur's Summer Solstice at Stonehenge machinima film in which King Arthur also adresses this problem in the poem he has written (and narrated for this film)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wuNE5M01ME Bright Blessings, elf ~

    ReplyDelete